Michael Andreula Method
FrontKick Productions, www.rebootcampretreat.com. Design YOUR personalized ReBoot Camp today! Lose fat while traveling the world. Fitness Guru Michael Andreula guarantees results! www.ckotrainer.com
1. Establish your stance.
2. Pivot front foot, step back with your back foot. Use you torso to add massive power.
3. Look over your right shoulder.
4. Extend kick.
MMA seems like it's been married to the same striking formula for over a decade and yet now some fighters are breaking the trend by engaging a new move" The Spinning Back Kick. Uriah Hall, Vitor Belfort and Junior Dos Santos have all implemented the spinning back kick with a very successful outcome.
Uriah Hall was a relatively unknown commodity prior to his stint on The Ultimate Fighter season 17. That all changed when he was able to execute a perfectly timed spinning back kick on Adam Cella that left fans and media speechless. It was a career defining moment for Hall. Although he was unable to win the season championship, he left a lasting impression on everyone who witnessed the kick that night.
Vitor Belfort has made a name for himself being the number one contender for the ufc middleweight championship. Defeating Michael Bisping and Luke Rockhold, in his last two bouts, was impressive enough, but ending both of the fights with spinning back kicks just gave the finish that extra snap that fans have been clamoring for?
Junior dos Santos proved at UFC 160 this past weekend that even the big boys can do some extraordinary things. Going into the third round against Mark Hunt, he took Hunt down with a perfectly timed spinning back kick that instantly finished the fight.
It's been great to see these traditionally old martial arts moves get new life under the MMA spotlight. Let's hope we continue to see this trend grow and evolve!
Here some recent combos
BOXING COMBOS: ATTACKING
* Lead hook (close-range), lead hook (mid-range) - strikes ideal for when separating from clinch.
* Jab, outside slip, lead uppercut, lead hook, cross - attacking with jab and countering opponent's cross.
* Jab, outside slip/counter cross, lead hook - disrupting opponent's cross variation.
* Jab, cross, lead hook, outside slip, jab, cross, lead hook, inside slip, cross, lead hook, cross - drill for improving timing and reaction speed under fire.
* Rear uppercut, outside weave, lead hook, rear uppercut - using weaving and angle variation to elude opponent's strikes whilst launching your attack.
* Jab, jab, inside shoulder roll, cross - providing a difficult target for opponent whilst attacking him with rapid-fire strikes.
* Jab, outside slip, lead hook, lead hook, outside slip/counter cross - stealth attacking from your opponent's blind spot.
* Jab, jab, lead outside block, jab, cross - jabbing while incorporating the lead forearm to block, then closing with a cross.
* Jab, lean back, jab, cross, lead hook - leaning back to avoid opponent's strike, then counterstriking before he can launch another attack.
* Jab, cross, inside slip, jab, cross, jab - countering your opponent's counterstrikes.
BOXING COMBOS: COUNTERING
* Rear parry/counter jab, lead hook, cross, lead hook - frustrating your opponent's attacking game, causing him to compromise his posture before launching your own attack.
* Lead parry/counter jab, cross, lead hook, cross - variation of previous technique.
* Lead outside block, rear outside block, cross, lead hook, cross - intercepting your opponent's haymakers before countering.
* Inside slip/counter jab, rear uppercut, lead hook, rear uppercut - attacking your opponent's initial jab.
* Inside slip/counter jab, backward-stepping cross, backward-stepping lead hook, cross - retreating from opponent's attack whilst remaining on the offensive.
* Outside slip/counter cross, lead hook, rear uppercut, lead hook, overhand right - countering his initial cross while maintaining your ground.
* Inside shoulder roll, rear uppercut, lead hook - dodging his cross before countering.
* Inside shoulder roll, rear uppercut, lead hook, cross, lead hook - variation of previous technique.
* Lean back/counter jab, cross, rear uppercut, rear hook, lead hook, cross, lead hook - advanced combo countering his jab.
* Lead sidestep/lead hook, rear uppercut - evading the cross with sidestep slip before counterstriking.
* Lead sidestep slip/lead hook, lead hook, rear hook, lead hook, rear hook - variation of previous techniques employing minimal hip rotation, but more intercepting.
* Lead outside block/counter cross, lead hook, cross - countering rear hook with block, then retaliation.
* Rear parry/counter cross, lead hook - parrying jab and counterstriking.
* Inside slip, outside slip, inside slip, cross, jab, cross - slipping opponent's jabs and returning fire.
Comments are closed.